Be a Part of Our Team: We need You!
There are many ways to get involved and help provide local support for families and children struggling with mental health challenges. You can make a difference for our children without becoming an actual foster parent.
- Be a Tutor for children who have academic difficulties
- Be our Receptionist/Administrative assistant
- Provide child care services while the foster parents are at work or in training
- Donate meals, clothing, furniture, and other household items
- Become a Mentor
- Host an Informational session about TFC in your home, office, or place to worship
- Help drive children to appointments (doctor, therapy, etc.)
- Become a certified respite care provider who takes our children for a few days per month to give the parents and child a short break
- Organize holiday parties, fundraising, and donation drives
- Coordinate an Activity or Event for our children and parents
- Lend us your meeting space (centrally located) for employees, parents, and children when we have trainings or meetings
- Be a support to parents who need someone to talk to; lend your ear
- Grant Writing
- Take us to the streets and help with community outreach and advocacy
- Lend your services: haircuts, mechanic services, family dinners, construction, etc…
- Sponsor a child for summer camps or lessons (music, art, dance, etc…)
And don’t worry, we will prepare and help you every step of the way.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a therapeutic foster care volunteer.